The Panasonic Lumix TS4 is the latest in the line of Tough Cameras from Panasonic. The Lumix range are a line of Panasonic compact cameras which are shockproof, waterproof, dustproof and freezeproof. It’s for this reason that we think this could be a great camera for campers and adventurers. I have a all singing and dancing DSLR camera aswell, but it’s just not the right camera for adventure, it’s too heavy, bulky and I always worry about it whenever I carry it. So bring on the Panasonic Lumix, compact and adventure proof!
The Lumix TS4 is specifically built for outdoor use. It has the following special features
- Waterproof – as far as 12m
- Shockproof – from a drop of up to 2m
- Dustproof – when hiking or outdoors dust won’t get into the fine mechanism
- Freezeproof – Down as far as -10 Degrees C, so take it on the slopes while skiing or snowboarding.
These four features make the camera perfect whatever your adventure, whether your hiking and just want something tough or kayaking and need something waterproof.
This isn’t just a simple camera which is tough, it’s a fully featured camera in its own right. Features include –
- Shake Detection
- Motion Deblur
- Face Recognition
- Auto Focus Subject tracking
- Intelligent Exposure
- A 28mm wide angle lens
- 4.6x optical zoom which can be extended to 9.3x
- 12.1 Megapixel High Speed CCD
- Full 1920 x 1080 video
- Shooting Functions
- Time Lapse
- miniature Effect
- Panorama Shot
- Auto Retouch
- Night Shoot Mode
- 3D Photo Mode
- 4 different Aspect Ratios
The Camera even hs a quad indicator, Compass, GPS, Barometer and Altimeter so you’ll know exactly where you were when you took any image!
Have you used the Panasonic Lumix TS4? Or is there another camera you take out and about with you? Leave a comment!